✔ Administrator right for the WordPress page (for plug in installation)
✔ The plugin solution is only suitable in a limited way if you want to embed widgets of several restaurants on one website
An easy way to integrate resmio’s booking widget or booking button on your WordPress website without any programming knowledge is to install our plugin (you may need to have administrator rights). Please Note: If you can’t or don’t want to install plugins on your WordPress environment follow the alternative integration methods.
1. Log into your WordPress account with your login details and select “Plugins” > “Install”.
2. Enter the keyword “resmio” in the search box on the right. The plugin suggestion “resmio Button & Widget” will appear in the search results list.
- Click on “Install now” to start the installation process.
- Now you just have to activate the plugin “resmio Button & Widget” with one more click.
- Go to the menu on the left hand side in WordPress and select “Settings” > “resmio Button & Widget”.
3. To connect to your resmio account, first switch to the webapp.
- Log in to your resmio account.
- Under “User account” (bottom left icon) > “Account” you will find your “Restaurant ID” at the bottom of the “Restaurants” section.
- Go back to the WordPress page and copy the ID into the empty field.
4.After you have saved the resmio ID you can add the resmio button or widget to your website by entering the shortcodes
These shortcodes can be easily integrated on any page via the text editor of WordPress. It doesn’t matter if you still work with the classic editor, the modern Gutenberg editor or a so-called Visual Composer (e.g. Astra, Divi, Elementor or WP Backery).
- You add the shortcode [resmio-button] for the resmio button or [resmio-widget] for the resmio widget manually in the editor.
- Alternatively you can insert the shortcode for the resmio button or for the resmio widget by clicking on resmio in the editor toolbar (only available in visual mode).
Tipp: Many WordPress users today rely on Visual Composers like Astra, Divi, Elementor and WP Backery because they simplify website design by making it easy to place blocks / elements. Most Visual Composers have a “Text” element where you can insert the above shortcodes to unlock the online booking feature.
A plugin installation is not an option for you? Then you can integrate the resmio online booking function via the integration of a script code or link on your homepage.
To place resmio’s booking form “natively” on your WordPress site so that your guests can book online without leaving your homepage, follow these steps:
Um das Reservierungsformular von resmio “nativ” auf deiner WordPress Seite zu platzieren, damit deine Gäste online reservieren können, ohne deine Homepage zu verlassen, gehe dafür wie folgt vor:
- Log in to your resmio account with your credentials
- Click on “Settings” (gear icon) in the bottom of the access bar and then click on “Integration & connections” > “Booking widget & button” and scroll to the section “Online booking widget”
- Copy the widget code for integration
2. Switch to your WordPress account and open the page where you want to place the booking widget.
- In the Classic editor: Paste the widget code in text mode (not visual mode) to the desired position
- In the Gutenberg editor: Use the block “Individual HTML” to place the widget code
- In the Visual Composer (Astra, Divi, Elementor, WP Backery & others): Place the widget code in a “HTML” block (sometimes referred to as a code block).
Don’t forget to save your changes and check them on your website!